This 3 ingredient pineapple whip smoothie recipe is a healthier smoothie version of the pineapple whip frozen dessert you can get at the Disney theme parks. Fresh pineapple is blended with almond milk and a touch of honey for a delicious frozen treat.
I haven’t been to a Disney theme park in almost 20 years, but standing in line to buy a frosty, thick, frozen pineapple whip is a really vivid memory of mine. The fresh pineapple was blended so smooth and thick that it was a toss up whether to try and drink it from a straw or dig into it with a spoon. I’ve made several frozen drink recipes that I loved, like my orange creamsicle smoothie, but nothing quite tops the fresh taste of a pineapple whip smoothie!
I get my fresh organic produce box from Brewer’s Organics every Thursday. Because I fill out the list of what I want, I’m always able to plan what recipes I’ll make with the contents every week. However, in yesterday’s box, there was really special surprise waiting for me. A perfectly ripe organic pineapple! When I saw it, making this pineapple whip recipe was the very first thing that popped into my head. Fortunately, I had some pineapple left over, so I think I’ll be making this slow cooker BBQ pineapple chicken recipe that I found on Pinterest. It looks SO easy and yummi.
I used a touch of raw organic honey in this pineapple whip smoothie. If you’re trying to cut back on your sugar intake, feel free to leave it out. I kept the sugar low by using unsweetened vanilla almond milk , so the tablespoon of honey really didn’t add loads of sugar anyway.
Are you ready to whip up a pineapple whip smoothie?
3 Ingredient Pineapple Whip Smoothie Recipe
- 1 pound (2 cups) frozen pineapple chunks
- 8 ounces (1 liquid cup) unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 tablespoon raw, organic honey (optional)
- Place all ingredients into the bowl of a high speed blender. Mix on high speed until creamy and blended, about 2 minutes. Stop the blender and scrape down the sides of the bowl during blending, as needed.
- If you like a thinner consistency, add 4 extra ounces of almond milk and you'll be able to drink this pineapple whip easily from a straw. Otherwise, use a spoon and dig in!
Here are a couple of other healthy smoothie recipes of mine: