This recipe for tuna patties with bacon makes a quick, easy, and healthy lunch or light dinner. Served on top of salad greens or tucked into a whole grain pita, it’ll fill you up with protein without dragging you down with carbs.
I’ve never believed that recipe development is boring. It’s definitely scary at times, but it’s never ever boring. When it comes to #baconmonth, I just get downright excited about trying new recipes. You know my philosophy on bacon, don’t you?
It’s simple. You should eat it.
Here’s a flow chart to help you understand…
Now that it’s been determined that eating bacon will turn you into a true warrior, you should head into your kitchen and whip up a batch of these tuna patties.
They’re quick, easy, inexpensive, healthy, and they even make a great burger substitute. There’s loads of flavor packed inside of these patties, and with little pieces of crispy bacon tucked in there as well, you simply can’t go wrong.
Well, if you’re a vegetarian, I suppose you could go wrong eating bacon. But if eating bacon is wrong, I don’t ever want to be right.
I served these tuna patties up over a bed of steamed baby spinach, then drizzled the whole thing with some freshly squeezed lemon juice.
Brian added a drizzle of low-fat Italian salad dressing to his patties and proclaimed them to be yummi! I bet they’d be really good with some freshly grated Parmesan cheese on the top, too.
Tuna & Bacon Patties
- 12 ounce can tuna fish drained
- 3 strips bacon diced
- 3 Tablespoons Panko bread crumbs
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- ⅛ teaspoon dried minced onion
- ⅛ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon dried dill
- ¼ teaspoon lemon juice
- Cook bacon in a frying pan over medium heat until crispy, about 5 minutes. Remove bacon from pan and drain between sheets of paper towel. Leave bacon grease in the pan.
- In a medium bowl, use a fork to combine tuna, egg, bread crumbs, and spices. Add cooked bacon and stir to combine.
- Use your hands to form 4 individual patties. Turn heat in pan up to medium high and cook patties for 2 minutes. Flip and cook other side for 2 minutes, or until patties are warmed all the way through.
- Serve warm.