It's time for more bacon! After all, it's #baconmonth, and what kind of blogger would I be if I didn't support my favorite protein by offering up great bacon filled recipes? Answer: a BAD one, and we can't have that!
I was rushing to get out the door and head over to work when I made these, so I didn't spend more than 20 minutes assembling and baking them. In other words, this version would be the PERFECT lunch or dinner for those of you who have busy lives and want to spend as little time in the kitchen as possible. If you've got a few more minutes to spare, I suggest that you dice up and saute onions, mushrooms, green peppers, jalapenos, or anything else that you think will make this sandwich the perfect
burger sandwich for your taste buds.
I brushed the insides of the French bread with melted garlic butter before baking these, so I really didn't need to add much more to my sandwich to make it perfect for me. Just a bit of lettuce and tomato and I was great to go. Brian added horseradish and onions to his, which, in my opinion, makes him condimently brilliant.
If your perfect bacon cheeseburger includes toppings like pickles, jalapenos, mustard, ketchup, or even BBQ sauce, by all means, pile them on and make yourself happy! Now that the technicalities are out of the way, let me get to the recipe so that you can dig your teeth into one of these bad boys!
- 1 loaf "bake & eat" French bread (ready-to-eat bread can also be used)
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 4 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or your favorite variety)
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon southwestern seasoning (I used Pampered Chef #9714)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed black pepper
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Add uncooked beef to a large skillet. Sprinkle with seasoning mix, salt, and pepper, and cook over medium high heat, breaking up meat with a fork to crumble and stirring occasionally to prevent burning. (If desired, add diced vegetables after 3 minutes). Cook until no pink remains, about 8 minutes. Drain grease from pan. Remove pan from heat, stir in cooked bacon and set aside.
- Add butter and garlic to a small, microwaveable dish. Cook on high power until butter is melted, about 25 seconds.
- Cut French loaf into 4 equal sized pieces, and then slice each piece horizontally. Lay pieces cut side up on a sheet pan or baking stone. Brush each piece with melted garlic butter, add some of the beef & bacon mixture, and top with shredded cheese.
- Bake at 375 for 10 minutes, or until cheese has melted. Top with your favorite condiments and place two slices of bread together, forming the perfect sandwich!
PAMPERED CHEF PRODUCTS USED FOR THIS RECIPE:
(to find a consultant in your area, use the "contact me" form at the top of this website)
12-inch Executive Skillet - #2865
Mix 'n' Chop - #2583
Southwest Seasoning Mix - #9714
Peppercorn Medley - #9865
Coarse Sea & Himalayan Salt - #9864
Chef's Silicone Basting Brush - #1755
Garlic Press - #2576
Large Bar Pan (baking stone) - #1445
Small Ridged Baker - #1342
Color Coated Bread Knife - #1069