I’m sharing this heart healthy roasted garlic chicken recipe with you in celebration of today’s holiday, National Garlic Day! If the aroma of 40 cloves of fresh garlic, rosemary, and thyme don’t draw in your senses, the taste will definitely leave you crushing (CRUSHING, did you get it?!) for this delicious dinner, and your family will love you for it! #ItsYummi!
But wait…there’s more! (That sounded just like an infomercial, didn’t it?!) A group of my blogging friends are joining me on this garlic lover’s day…and we’ve got a GIVEAWAY, with prizes valued at over $100! Come on into my kitchen and have a seat, and I’ll tell you all about it!
Check out this awesome party list. These are some of my very favorite foodie friends, and I’m telling ya, this group really knows how to put up a delicious and beautiful feast! I’d love to be on their dance cards, and I know you’ll love them too, so please go check out their recipes and say hello.
- Black Garlic Chocolate Chunk Ice Cream from girlichef
- Caesar Tartlets with Sweet Garlic Butter Crusts from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Easy Garlic Infused Olive Oil from MarocMama
- Garlic and Herb Lamb Chops from Healthy. Delicious.
- Garlic Bread from My Catholic Kitchen
- Garlic Dill Roasted Potato Wedges from From Gate to Plate
- Garlic Fried Rice from Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Garlic Soup with Cheese & Garlic Olive Crunch Bread from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Garlic Trifecta with Quinoa Pasta and Spinach from Peaceful Cooking
- Gnocchetti with Asparagus and Garlic-Gorgonzola Sauce from The Spiffy Cookie
- Heart Healthy Roasted Garlic Chicken Recipe from It’s Yummi!
- Roasted Garlic Butter from Basic N Delicious
- Roasted Garlic Chicken Pizza Pockets from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Slow-Roasted Lamb with 40 Cloves of Garlic from Food Lust People Love
- Vampire Garlic Dip from Kudos Kitchen By Renee
Secondly, I don’t use the term “heart healthy” lightly. Check out these #FoodFacts about garlic!
FOOD FACTS – GARLIC
Numerous studies and clinical research have been conducted to prove just how healthy garlic consumption is for humans. One quick search on Google resulted in millions of hits and more information that my sponge of a brain wanted to consume in one sitting.
Garlic has long been hailed for its healing powers, especially against infectious diseases like cold and flu, but studies also show that consumption of (primarily raw) garlic can:
~ Reduce risk for heart diseases like heart attack and stroke
~ Help to maintain good levels of cholesterol and blood pressure
~ Help to protect against cancer, especially brain and prostate cancer
WHAT’S THAT SMELL?
It’s thought that most of garlic’s therapeutic effects come from the sulfur containing compounds in it, which is also, incidentally, how garlic gets its stinkiness.
The best news is, this is one of the easiest dinner recipes you’ll ever see. I used bone-in chicken parts, but if you want to make a really nice presentation, you can roast a whole chicken using the same method, but rather than sitting the chicken on top of the garlic cloves, you’ll put them inside of the empty chicken cavity. OK, are you ready to rock your kitchen and fill it up with the beautiful aroma of garlic? Grab your apron and let’s do this!
Heart Healthy Roasted Garlic Chicken Recipe
Oh, and here are the deets on that Garlic Lover’s Prize Pack (valued at over $100) that I mentioned earlier. It includes:
- The Garlic Farmers’ Cookbook
- One-year membership to the Garlic Seed Foundation
- 5 Garlic Button Covers
- OXO Good Grips Garlic Press
- The Ultimate Garlic Peeler
- Tumbleweed Pottery Garlic Clove Canister Keeper with Vented Lid
- Terra Cotta Garlic Roaster
- 2 Bulbs of Whole Black Garlic
To enter, simply leave a comment on this post (mandatory) answering this question: What is your favorite GARLICKY dish (or one that you’d love to try)?
After you’ve answered the question for entry into this contest, be sure to record that you did so in the Rafflecopter widget below; doing so will unlock many more optional ways to earn entries.
This giveaway is open to residents of the Continental USA. Entries will be accepted through 11:59 pm ET on Thursday, April 24, 2014. All entries will be verified. A winner will be chosen from qualifying entries via random draw, and notified via email within 48 hours of the close of this contest. The winner will have 24 hours from the time the email is sent to respond with their complete name and mailing address (no P.O. Boxes). If no response is received within 24 hours, a new winner will be chosen.
Prizes provided by The Garlic Seed Foundation, Food Lust People Love and girlichef. Prizes may vary slightly from images shown and are subject to replacement with comparable items if ones pictured are no longer available at the close of this contest. Items may be shipped separately.
GOOD LUCK, and may the garlic be with you!
a Rafflecopter giveaway