This recipe for spaghetti carbonara with browned butter tastes fancy and indulgent, but it will take you less than 20 minutes to put together, making it an easy weeknight meal.
Hello bacon lovers! I’ve made you another beautiful bacon recipe for bacon month. This spaghetti carbonara relies on assembly of previous recipes of mine. In Monday’s post for balsamic bacon onion relish, I told you to make up a big batch because I’d be using it in other recipes. This post is proof that I didn’t lie. If you followed my advice and you have a jar of it in your fridge right now, give yourself a gold star! If you didn’t make any yet, I still adore you, but click here to print off the recipe for the relish. No worries, I’ll wait for you. In the mean time, wanna see our beautiful #baconmonth logo?
OK, so the bacon relish is ingredient numero uno. The second ingredient you’ll need is cooked spaghetti noodles, or a pasta shape of your choice. Want fusilli carbonara? Go for it! If rotini noodles are more your style, pop those twirlies into the boiling water and get ready to toss them into some browned butter. Uh huh, you read that correctly. My version of spaghetti carbonara calls for bacon, caramelized onions, and browned butter. I said it’s fancy and indulgent and gosh darned it, indulgent food calls for calories and fat! Sometimes you just have to live it up. What a better time to live it up than during #baconmonth, right? #PutSomePigInIt and put some browned butter in it, too!
It has a nutty taste that will glide across your tongue and make you want to do a happy dance!
Watch this quick tutorial to learn how to make it:
The 4th and final ingredient needed for this spaghetti carbonara recipe is freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Pull out ye grater and get get your shred on!
Before you make this insanely awesome, 4-ingredient, 20 minute dinner, please take a second to hop over to this week’s Bacon Month giveaway and get entered for a chance to win a copy of the amazing cookbook, Bacon Nation. Click here to enter giveaway #1
Oh, and take a peek at all of these amazing bacon-loaded recipes that were made by my bacon lovin’ friends
This spaghetti carbonara is best served along side a loaf of crusty, warm French bread and a delicious garden salad. If for no other reason, serve the salad so that there’ll be a tinge of green and healthy goodness along with the bacon-loaded naughtiness.
It’s time to cook some spaghetti carbonara!
- 1 pound spaghetti or pasta of your choice
- 2 cups balsamic bacon onion relish
- 2 tablespoons browned butter (3-4 tablespoons salted butter will yield 2 tablespoons browned)
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Prepare browned butter in a large skillet or shallow saucepan. Once browned, remove pan from heat, leave butter in pan and set aside.
- Cook pasta according to al dente (pasta should be cooked, but still have a bite to it). Remove from heat and drain water from noodles but do not rinse them.
- Add bacon onion relish to the pan with the browned butter. Put pan back onto medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until relish is heated through.
- Combine pasta to pan with sauce and stir to coat. Cook on medium heat for 1-2 minutes to warm thoroughly. Use pasta tongs to transfer pasta to serving plates. Garnish with freshly grated cheese and serve.