Banana cheesecake bars with white chocolate drizzle are delicious, and such an easy dessert recipe! This is an ALMOST no-bake dessert recipe (just the crust is baked).
The banana blondie crust holds no-bake banana pudding cheesecake filling, with white chocolate drizzle and banana slices on top. This is the best banana pudding dessert for cheesecake lovers!
Banana Pudding and Cheesecake Desserts
Whenever I see homemade southern banana pudding, my thoughts instantly gravitate to a childhood friend of mine, Paula. Or rather, her grandmother.
In her grandmother’s kitchen, there was almost always a batch of creamy banana pudding waiting to be devoured. Creamy, delicious homemade banana pudding!
Jump forward in time to the year I fell in love with cheesecake. Truthfully, obsession is the best term to describe my affection for cheesecake. I’ve requested it as my birthday dessert nearly every year, for as far back as I can remember.
Later on in my life, I learned that no-bake cheesecake was a thing. Not just any old thing, either! No bake cheesecakes are delicious, AND much less expensive and easier to make than traditional cheesecake.
So when it came time to create this dessert recipe, I brought my two dessert loves together into dessert marriage.
Banana cheesecake bars are the perfect dessert, combining my passions for banana pudding and cheesecake.
Making the banana cheesecake bars is beyond easy, not to mention, quick! Waiting for them to chill in the fridge is the most difficult part.
I think the banana blondie crust is what sets these cheesecake bars apart from other cheesecake bar recipes. Jocelyn (Grandbaby Cakes) uses a banana blondie crust for her banana cheesecake bars, too. Her recipe inspired me to create this cheesecake bars dessert, simply adding white chocolate to compliment the banana cheesecake flavor.
Banana Cheesecake Bars Using Instant Pudding
The combination of bananas and brown sugar makes the banana cheesecake bars rich, but because there isn’t a lot of sugar in the recipe, they’re not overly sweet. You can use either traditional banana cheesecake pudding mix or sugar free. With sugar free pudding in my pantry, and 50 excess pounds to lose, sugar free is the obvious choice for me.
Sorry for the tangent… my love for banana desserts is long and strong! 🙂
So back to my banana cheesecake bars… a drizzle of white chocolate and sliced bananas on top of them, and you’ve got a dessert that’s as pretty as a picture.
And pretty desserts are a great thing, since we eat with our eyes first.
Also, after you make the almost no bake banana cheesecake bars, I would very much appreciate it if you would please come back to rate the recipe and leave a comment letting us know what you think of it. It helps other readers when they can see how well a recipe has turned out for other people. Thank you!
How to Make Banana Cheesecake Bars with White Chocolate Drizzle
Banana Cheesecake Bars with White Chocolate Drizzle (Sugar Free option)
For the Blondie Crust:
For the No Bake Cheesecake Filling:
For the White Chocolate Drizzle
- 6 oz no sugar added white chocolate or 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 Tablespoon shortening optional (to help prevent the chocolate from clumping)
For the Blondie Crust:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and grease an 8x8-inch square baking pan with non-stick cooking spray or melted butter.
- In a large bowl, whisk together melted butter and sugar until well combined. Whisk in the egg yolk, flour, salt, mashed banana and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Add batter to prepared pan and bake for 16-18 minutes, or until just set.
- Cool crust to room temperature. Meanwhile, prepare the filling.
For the Cheesecake Filling:
- Place heavy cream into a medium sized bowl. Using an electric hand mixer, whip heavy creaml until stiff peaks develop; refrigerate and clean beaters.
- In a separate bowl, beat cream cheese with electric hand mixer until it's light and fluffy.
- Slowly add in the sugar, banana pudding mix, milk, and vanilla extract. Beat until well incorporated, scraping down the sides of the bowl if necessary.
- Using a mixing spatula or wooden spoon, carefully fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese batter. Don't over mix.
- Pour and evenly spread cheesecake filling onto the crust. Cover pan with plastic wrap or aluminum foil and place pan into freeze for at least 2 hours, or until mixture is completely firm.
- After bars are cold and firm, place white chocolate chips and shortening into a microwaveable bowl and microwave on high in 30-second increments, for a total of 90 seconds or until chocolate is melted and glossy.
- Remove the pan from the freezer and use a fork, spoon, or a piping bag to drizzle the white chocolate over the top of the bars.
- Slice into 12 squares and serve.