Broccoli cheddar ‘n ham hashbrown casserole is delicious comfort food for brunch, lunch, or dinner. Not only is it delicious, it’s easy to make, too! You can prep it ahead of time and refrigerate or freeze it until you’re ready to bake it up. Saving time, for the big win!
The holiday rush is over, but that doesn’t mean my life has slowed down. Truthfully, the week between Christmas and New Year’s is busier for me than the pre-holiday craziness. That’s mainly because Brian and I don’t exchange gifts or have company to serve a meal to at our home, so we’re able to sit back and enjoy the holidays a bit more.
After the holiday is over, though, I start my end of the year book keeping and goal planning for the new year. Right about now is when things get a bit crazy for me, because I realize that I have less than 2 weeks to get “my house in order”. I simply don’t have time to mess around in the kitchen, so I rely on casseroles like this one.
Saving time in the kitchen with fun and easy shortcuts is what I’m all about. That’s why I used precooked ham and frozen veggies in this broccoli cheddar hash brown casserole.
Sure, I could have pulled out my mandoline slicer or box grater and shredded up the potatoes myself, but to use fresh potatoes in a casserole like this would have also required me to blanch them first, and I’m just too busy for that business right now.
Oh, and if you’re looking for more recipes that you can make ahead like this one, check out my casserole recipes or my freezer friendly recipes. Just about all of them can be prepped ahead of time and refrigerated until you’re ready to bake them up. Oh, and you won’t be using an entire bag of frozen hashbrowns for this recipe, so you might want to use the rest of the bag to make up some shredded potato nests. They’d actually make a great appetizer for New Year’s Eve, or a brunch fix for New Year’s Day.
But for now, let’s dig in to this broccoli cheddar ‘n ham hashbrown casserole!
Items You’ll Want (and Love!)
The items below have affiliate codes attached to them. I make a small profit from any sales, which helps to keep this website operational. Thank you for helping to support It’s Yummi!
Broccoli Cheddar Hashbrown Casserole with Ham
This recipe comes together quickly with help from frozen hashbrown potatoes and broccoli, plus cooked ham. All you're really doing is heating everything through and melting the cheese. It's SO creamy and delicious!
- 3 cups frozen hashbrown potatoes
- 1 cup frozen chopped broccoli
- 8 ounces (1/2 pound) cooked ham, diced small
- 14 ounces (1 can) condensed cream of potato soup (low sodium if you can find it)
- 8 ounces (1 cup) plain Greek yogurt (or sour cream)
- 8 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional, as condensed soups are usually very salty)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish with olive oil or cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix potatoes, ham, broccoli, cream of potato soup, yogurt, and cheddar cheese. Spread evenly into prepared dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 40-45 minutes, or until bubbly and lightly brown.
Thank you so much for visiting me today!
If you make this recipe, I'd love it if you'd share a photo and/or give your feedback over on my Facebook page, Cooking with Chef Bec!