Posted by https://www.itsyummi.com/key-lime-cheesecake-with-a-hazelnut-crust/
© 2014 Its Yummi. All rights reserved.
Key Lime Cheesecake with a Hazelnut Crust
A creamy, sweet, tangy, and crunchy experience with every bite, this key lime cheesecake will be a huge hit for dessert!
- 6.6 ounces (1.25 cups) hazelnut meal or flour
- 3 ounces (6 Tablespoons) unsalted butter
- 2 ounces (1/4 cup) granulated sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2.5 ounces (1/2 cup) granulated sugar
- zest of one lime
- juice of one lime
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (or lemon extract)
- 2 eggs
- whipped cream for garnish
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- To a medium bowl, add hazelnut flour, sugar, and melted butter. Use a spoon to stir until combined. Press mixture into the bottom and barely up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Place into heated oven and bake for 10 minutes. Remove pan from oven and allow crust to cool while you prepare the filling.
- To a large mixing bowl, add cream cheese, sugar, lime zest, lime juice, and extract. Use an electric hand or stand mixer to blend on high speed until mixture is combined and creamy. Add eggs and mix on medium speed, just until combined.
- Pour mixture into crust and bake for 40 minutes, or until center is almost set. Remove from oven and leave pie in springform pan. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Garnish with whipped cream and lime slices or zest before serving.
Loading nutrition data...