Pineapple Ham Crescent Rolls are easy party appetizers for any holiday party, or as snacks to feed a crowd on game day. They also make great finger foods for kids. This appetizer recipe is SO easy to make! Pieces of pineapple and ham are tucked inside of crescent roll dough with seasoned cream cheese, then baked until they’re warm, cheesy, and golden brown.
So you can see just how easy these party snacks are to make, we’ve also included a recipe video. Scroll down to watch!
We suggest making a big batch of these party snacks because Pineapple Ham Crescent Rolls are quickly devoured! Because the recipe only makes 8 pieces, we typically use two 12-cup muffin tins to make a triple batch. There are never any leftovers!
What can go in crescent rolls?
Because crescent roll dough is so versatile, making party appetizers and snacks with it is fun and easy. You can add just about anything you want inside of the crescent roll dough to make savory or sweet party snacks.
I like to use honey glazed ham steak when I make them, but you can use any type of diced ham. Leftover ham is perfect for recipes like this.
BONUS TIP! If you don’t like using store-bought crescent roll dough, here’s a homemade refrigerator crescent rolls recipe.
What are good snack foods for a party?
In addition to the Pineapple Ham Crescent Rolls, here are more great holiday recipes using crescent roll dough:
- Spinach Dip Stuffed Crescent Roll Christmas Tree – This recipe, from Aubrey at Real Housemoms, makes a beautiful and delicious Christmas party snack.
- Blueberry Cream Cheese Danish with Crescent Rolls – We don’t need to wait for a holiday to make this delicious idea from Cookie Dough and Oven Mitt!
Other great party snack ideas:
How do you make ham and cheese with crescent rolls?
The pineapple ham crescent rolls appetizer recipe is simple to make! Watch this quick recipe video, then scroll down for step by step photos and a printable recipe.
If you want to jazz the party appetizers up even more, add some pizza sauce, bacon bits, and/or diced red onion inside of them.
Can I serve pineapple ham crescent rolls as a meal?
The crescent roll appetizers can easily be turned into a full meal!
Do you love Hawaiian pizza? If so, add mozzarella cheese instead of cream cheese to make Hawaiian pizza bites. Easy dinner, anyone? Boom.
Another easy dinner idea: Pineapple Ham Crescent Rolls with a side of BBQ sticky rice. If you’re a fan of pineapple, you can even stir some pineapple tidbits into the rice.
Please leave a comment below, letting us know what your favorite easy party appetizers are!
If you make this easy appetizer recipe, please come back and rate the recipe. Your feedback is appreciated! It helps us, but more so, it helps other readers to hear how well the recipe works.
Pineapple Ham Crescent Rolls Appetizer
- 1 can refrigerated crescent rolls
- ½ pound cooked ham steak cut into 1/2 inch cubes and drained well on paper towel to remove excessive water
- ½ cup pineapple tidbits well drained
- 8 ounces cream cheese cut into 1 ounce cubes
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Spray 8 standard-sized muffin tins lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- Unroll dough and use your fingers to press the seams together, creating a single sheet of dough. Use a knife to cut the sheet in half horizontally, then cut each half into 4 equal sized pieces.
- Using a knife or pizza cutter, cut the sheet in half horizontally, then cut each half into 4 equal sized pieces.
- Using your fingers, press one crescent roll square into the bottom and up the sides of each of the 8 muffin tins. Leave a flap of dough available, which you’ll use as a top crust after you’ve filled the muffin tins.
- Place 2 Tablespoons (1 ounce) of diced ham into each of the 8 tins. Add 1 Tablespoon pineapple tidbits on top of the ham.
- Sprinkle a dash of nutmeg over the pineapple and ham mixture, then top with 1 oz cream cheese.
- Cover all of the ingredients with the excess flap of crescent roll dough and press the edges of the top layer with the edges of the bottom layer.
- Bake 12 to 18 minutes or until golden brown. Remove pan from oven and serve the pineapple ham bites warm with a side of BBQ or marinara sauce for dipping.