Make this delicious pomegranate lime bundt cake recipe and decorate your holiday dessert table with bursts of color and flavor!
Christmas desserts just aren’t the same without a burst of red and/or green color in them. I have a sensitivity to artificial food coloring, so I’m always looking for natural sources of vibrant color to add to my holiday desserts. Fortunately, pomegranate arils work perfectly for that.
They’re sweet, crunchy, and delicious, and they looked beautiful on top of my lime bundt cake!
Because I struggle with cake decorating, a bundt cake recipe is my dream dessert. When you have a fancy, detailed bundt pan like this one, it adds instant decoration without the need to add lots of frosting on the top.
Bundt pans like that serve double duty, too, because they make excellent molds for Jello salad. This gorgeous Creamsicle Jello salad from my friend Brianne at Cupcakes and Kale Chips is the perfect example of that.
I really hope you love this pomegranate lime bundt cake recipe.
Pomegranate Lime Bundt Cake Recipe
Deck your holiday dessert table with bursts of color and flavor! Lime bundt cake is studded with beautiful, sweet pomegranate arils. It's a delicious holiday dessert.
- FOR THE TOPPING
- 1 cup pomegranate arils
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon pomegranate juice
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- FOR THE CAKE
- 3 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 oz unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 5 large eggs (or 4 extra large)
- 8 ounces milk (I used 2%)
- 3 limes, finely grated for zest, and juiced
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F if using a dark nonstick or a silicone baking pan) Butter and flour a 10- or 12-cup Bundt pan and set aside.
- POMEGRANATE TOPPING
- In a small bowl, combine all topping ingredients.
- Evenly spoon topping mixture into generously greased and floured pan.
- Zest and juice the limes into small bowls and set aside.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and set aside.
- Beat butter till soft, gradually add sugar, beat until light and flully. Beat in eggs one at a time, scraping down bowl after each addition.
- On lowest speed, alternately add dry ingredients and milk, scraping sides of bowl down as necessary and beating just to mix each addition.
- Stir in lime juice and zest with a spoon.
- Pour half of the batter on one side of the pan, half in the other. Level top gently with a silicone spatula or the back of a spoon.
- Bake until cake tester comes out clean, about an hour. Let cool slightly on wire rack - 10-15 mins before inverting onto a wire rack to cool completely.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 439kcal Calories from fat 166|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 18g||28%|
|Saturated Fat 11g||55%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g||80g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g||80g|
If you’re in love with bundt cakes like I am, check out more of my bundt cake recipes.