If you love the flavors of vanilla, cinnamon, and sugar, and/or you’re a fan of the popular snickerdoodle cookie, I think you’ll love these waffles! It’s another one of those easy waffles recipe ideas that you can make up quickly for breakfast or brunch, and with a few fresh red berries and some cinnamon vanilla whipped cream on top, it’ll make the perfect Valentine’s day treat for someone sweet in your life!
This snickerdoodle waffles recipe was prepared with love to celebrate #vanillaweek! If you haven’t yet entered the Vanilla Week giveaway, click here to learn about the incredible baking and cooking products up for grabs and then get yourself entered to win. (The giveaway has ended.)
This event has been sponsored by some fabulous brands. A big thank you to Terri, from Love and Confections for organizing the event, and to Nielsen-Massey Vanillas, Bob’s Red Mill, Silpat, Quirk Books and Dixie Crystals/Imperial Sugar for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #VanillaWeek. All opinions stated below are my own.
I’m a bit of a waffles fanatic. Sure, it can be a bit messy to make them, but when I get a bite of the fluffy goodness of a waffle on a Saturday morning, it brings a smile to my face and helps me to remember that some of the best things in my life have come along with a little bit of pain and struggle.
I’ve made brown sugar bacon waffles and banana bread waffles and I’ve never regretted those moments of having to clean out the waffle maker in the greater realm of things. Delicious waffles are worth the effort.
I don’t think we should sweat the small stuff. Life’s too short for that. Oh, and by small stuff, I mean using a cotton swab to clean the waffles residue out of the waffle maker.
Don’t stress over it, just do it, and consider that this is one of those easy waffles recipe ideas that will carry you through a rough week. It’s a reward for your perseverance!
Why am I making such a big deal of these waffles? Listen: I used the cake flour that I got from Bob’s Red Mill to help bring some extra fluffy goodness to the party. Cake flour has very little gluten structure in it, so anything you bake with it will be light as air. In other words, don’t use when you bake pizza dough, bagels, or bread. Use it for things that you want to be soft and tender… like cakes, cupcakes, and waffles!
In addition to the tenderness of the waffles, there’s an incredible flavor party going on! Ground cinnamon, a little Dixie Crystals sugar, and some Nielsen-Massey vanilla extract to pull off the flavors of a snickerdoodle cookie.
This is one of the easy waffles recipe ideas that you’ll be glad you made!
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cake flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cane sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large egg separated
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter melted and cooled.
For cinnamon vanilla whipped cream
- 1 cup whipped cream or non-dairy whipped topping
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions.
- For the waffles
- Whisk dry ingredients together into a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Separate the egg and place the egg white into a clean mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk egg yolk with buttermilk, vanilla extract, and melted butter.
- Use an electric hand mixer on high speed to beat the egg white until it just holds a stiff peak.
- Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients in a thin steady stream while gently mixing with a rubber spatula; be careful not to add liquid faster than you can incorporate it. Toward end of mixing, use a folding motion to incorporate ingredients; gently fold egg white into batter.
- Spread appropriate amount of batter onto hot waffle iron. Cook waffle according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown, 2 to 5 minutes. Serve immediately with cinnamon vanilla whipped cream.
- For cinnamon vanilla whipped cream
- Use a spoon to gently fold cinnamon and vanilla extract into prepared whipping cream until combined.
- This recipe makes 2 waffles (4 sections each)
Here are more recipes from #vanillaweek bloggers!
Vanilla Pineapple Margaritas from Pineapple and Coconut
Tomato-Basil Soup with Vanilla from Take A Bite Out of Boca
Vanilla Bean White Hot Chocolate from Love and Confections