This mozzarella sticks recipe makes a healthy snacking option, because they’re baked, not fried. If you’re eating gluten free, you’ll be happy, because there’s a gluten-free recipe option, too. Everyone can enjoy the ooey, gooey, cheesy goodness of baked mozzarella sticks!
Are mozzarella sticks gluten free?
Well, not quite. A stick of mozzarella string cheese by itself is gluten free. But unless you use gluten free bread crumbs to make this mozzarella sticks recipe, will not be gluten free. Fortunately, I share both a regular version and a gluten free mozzarella sticks recipe down below.
How do you keep mozzarella sticks hot?
If you’ve ever bitten into what was supposed to be a warm, oozing mozzarella stick, only to find it cold and hard, I feel you. Keeping warm appetizers from getting cold at a party can be tricky. The good news is, I know a way to keep mozzarella sticks hot for the life of your party.
In a Slow Cooker
- Place a metal or silicone trivet into the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Wrap a double layer of aluminum foil over the trivet and set the warm mozzarella sticks onto the foil.
- Turn the slow cooker onto low power and place the lid on, slightly ajar, so they stay warm without cooking. If you have a “keep warm” setting on your slow cooker, even better; the baked mozzarella sticks will stay perfectly warm!
Need Other Football Food Ideas?
If you like warm appetizers and snacks like this mozzarella sticks recipe, you should try these, too!
Gluten Free Ingredients for this Mozzarella Sticks Recipe
(These are affiliate links, meaning if you click through and make a purchase, I’ll receive a few cents commission. This helps pay for the cost of creating future recipes.)
I hope you enjoy this gluten free baked mozzarella sticks recipe!
If you make (or plan to make) the recipe, will you please leave me a comment below and rate the recipe?
15 Minute Mozzarella Sticks Recipe
Mozzarella cheese is breaded and baked until hot, melted, and golden brown. This mozzarella sticks recipe makes the perfect gluten free football food for your next party!
- 1/3 cup brown rice flour , or all-purpose flour (not gluten-free)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup gluten-free bread crumbs, or Italian flavored panko bread crumbs
- cooking spray
- 8 each mozzarella string cheese
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- Heat oven to 425F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Arrange flour, beaten egg and free bread crumbs into 3 separate platters or pie plates.
- Dip cheese first into flour, then beaten egg, then bread crumbs, using one hand for the dry dip and one hand for the egg dip.
- Lay the cheese sticks onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Place cheese sticks in oven and bake for 5-8 minutes, turning over halfway through bake time. Cheese sticks are done when breading is slightly crispy and cheese is oozing.
- Arrange on platter and serve with warm marinara sauce.