Gluten free baked mozzarella sticks are a healthy snacking option, because they’re baked, not fried. If you’re eating gluten free, you’ll be happy, because there’s a gluten-free recipe option, too. Everyone can enjoy the ooey, gooey, cheesy goodness of these baked mozzarella sticks!
This is one of my favorite 15 minute recipes!
For this month’s Secret Recipe Club, I was assigned to make one of the recipes on the Famished Fish website.
Famished Fish is owned and operated by Saundra. She’s a wife and mom who, like many of us, struggles to find recipes that her entire family will love. She has a picky middle child who has autism and some other challenges, so it can be difficult for her to find foods that everyone in her family loves. When she makes a dish that everyone enjoys, she shares the recipe on her site. Enter these mozzarella sticks into the picture.
Kid approved recipes, for the win!
There are some amazing sounding recipes on her site, so I had a tough time deciding what to make.
After looking over a few of Saundra’s appetizer recipes, I knew I wanted to make her Hot Cheesy Spinach Dip with Bacon recipe, and I did make it. It was the perfect snack for us to have when the Green Bay Packers played the Seattle Seahawks last month. Here’s my version of the dip:
And her slow cooker recipe for Sloppy Joes will be perfect for a potluck dinner. It looks like the perfect crowd pleasing recipe.
When all was said and done, I decided to try the recipe for Gluten Free Baked Mozzarella Sticks.
Because I can eat gluten without a problem, my mozzarella sticks have flour and panko bread crumbs in them. But for anyone who needs to eat gluten-free, Saundra’s gluten free recipe is below.
RECIPE INGREDIENT RESOURCES
I hope you enjoy this gluten free baked mozzarella sticks recipe.
Mozzarella cheese is breaded and baked until hot, melted, and golden brown. This is a snack that you're going to love!
- 1/3 cup brown rice flour (or all-purpose flour)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup gluten-free bread crumbs (or Italian flavored Panko bread crumbs)
- cooking spray
- 8 strips (1 ounce each) of mozzarella cheese (I used packaged string cheese, as they're roughly 1 ounce each)
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- Heat oven to 425F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Arrange flour, beaten egg and free bread crumbs into 3 separate platters or pie plates.
- Dip cheese first into flour, then beaten egg, then bread crumbs, using one hand for the dry dip and one hand for the egg dip.
- Lay the cheese sticks onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Place cheese sticks in oven and bake for 5-8 minutes, turning over halfway through bake time. Cheese sticks are done when breading is slightly crispy and cheese is oozing.
- Arrange on platter and serve with warm marinara sauce.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 191kcal Calories from fat 85|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 9g||14%|
|Saturated Fat 5g||25%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
Thank you so much for visiting me today!
If you make this recipe, I'd love it if you'd share a photo and/or give your feedback over on my Facebook page, Cooking with Chef Bec!