This cheesy spinach dip with bacon recipe makes the perfect party appetizer or game day snack. It’s easy to make and it’s a low carb dip, too!
Oh my gosh, it’s really happening! My favorite football team, the Green Bay Packers played a nail-biter of a game to win over the Dallas Cowboys, so we’re headed to Seattle next week for a chance to take home the conference championship!
Honestly, if you had told me 10 years ago that I would be this excited about watching a football game, I would have laughed myself senseless. Sure, I’ve watched football for as far back as I can remember, but until I met Brian, I really didn’t understand the rules well enough to completely follow a game. I was more excited about the game day food than I was the game.
Oh… wait. I guess some things never change because I’m still excited about the game day food. How could I not be excited about a warm cheesy dip like spinach dip with bacon?!
Because the Super Bowl is coming up after our division win next week (did you see what I did just now? Optimism for the win, gang!), I wanted to find a quick and easy snack recipe to make.
Yes, I do remember that I posted a recipe last week that has cheese and bacon in it. But hello, this dip has warm cheese and bacon! Is it wrong that I love it so much??
After looking over a few of the recipes on my appetizers board on Pinterest, I decided on this Cheesy Spinach Dip with Bacon.
If loving warm, ooey, gooey cheese, healthy spinach, and crispy bits of bacon is wrong, then I don’t ever want to be right!
Warm Cheesy Spinach Dip with Bacon
- 6 ounces bacon, cooked and crumbled. Reserve 1/3 of bacon for garnish
- 8 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 8 ounces plain cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese, or similar flavor
- 3 ounces shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt, or mayonnaise
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 small shallot, peeled and chopped finely
- 2 teaspoons whole grain mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat oven to 400 F.
- Drain the thawed spinach in a colander. In a food processor or by hand, combine the cream cheese, garlic, and shallots. Add the shredded cheeses, mustard and spices. Mix in the spinach and finally 2/3 of the crumbled bacon
- Pour mixture into a 1-quart casserole dish or 8×8 inch square baking dish.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until browned and bubbling.
- Sprinkle with reserved crumbled bacon.
A few more dip recipes for you to love: