This cheesy spinach dip with bacon recipe makes the perfect party appetizer or game day snack. It’s easy to make and it’s a low carb dip, too!
Oh my gosh, it’s really happening! My favorite football team, the Green Bay Packers played a nail-biter of a game to win over the Dallas Cowboys, so we’re headed to Seattle next week for a chance to take home the conference championship!
Honestly, if you had told me 10 years ago that I would be this excited about watching a football game, I would have laughed myself senseless. Sure, I’ve watched football for as far back as I can remember, but until I met Brian, I really didn’t understand the rules well enough to completely follow a game. I was more excited about the game day food than I was the game.
Oh… wait. I guess some things never change because I’m still excited about the game day food. How could I not be excited about a warm cheesy dip like spinach dip with bacon?!
Because the Super Bowl is coming up after our division win next week (did you see what I did just now? Optimism for the win, gang!), I wanted to find a quick and easy snack recipe to make.
Yes, I do remember that I posted a recipe last week that has cheese and bacon in it. But hello, this dip has warm cheese and bacon! Is it wrong that I love it so much??
After looking over a few of the recipes on my appetizers board on Pinterest, I decided on this Cheesy Spinach Dip with Bacon.
If loving warm, ooey, gooey cheese, healthy spinach, and crispy bits of bacon is wrong, then I don’t ever want to be right!
Warm Cheesy Spinach Dip with Bacon
Chopped spinach, salty bacon and three types of cheese come together to make this delicious hot dip recipe! To keep the fat and calorie content down, substitute plain Greek yogurt for the mayonnaise.
- 6 ounces bacon, cooked and crumbled. Reserve 1/3 of bacon for garnish
- 8 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 8 ounces plain cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese, or similar flavor
- 3 ounces shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt, or mayonnaise
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 small shallot, peeled and chopped finely
- 2 teaspoons whole grain mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat oven to 400 F.
- Drain the thawed spinach in a colander. In a food processor or by hand, combine the cream cheese, garlic, and shallots. Add the shredded cheeses, mustard and spices. Mix in the spinach and finally 2/3 of the crumbled bacon
- Pour mixture into a 1-quart casserole dish or 8×8 inch square baking dish.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until browned and bubbling.
- Sprinkle with reserved crumbled bacon.
A few more dip recipes for you to love: