Creamy dill cucumber yogurt dip is always a big hit at parties, and it’s so easy to make. It’s loaded with cream cheese, crunchy cucumber, and fresh dill, so be prepared to be asked for the recipe!
Over 30 bloggers are collaborating in the #EatHealthy16 recipe party. My friend Brianne from Cupcakes and Kale Chips invited me, and I’m so grateful that she did! We’re each sharing a healthy recipe to help you start 2016 on the right track.
Brianne is hosting healthy snack recipes, Jamie of Love Bakes Good Cakes is handling healthy meals, and Jenny of The Melrose Family is covering healthy dessert recipes, so make sure you follow the #EatHealthy16 hashtag throughout the month of January for tons of recipe inspiration.
Oh, and super exciting news…Blendtec will give one lucky winner their very own blender and twister jar! Is that awesome or what?! I’ve been wanting a Blendtec since culinary school and it thrills me to know that one of my readers could be the winner! Scroll down to enter.
About the cucumber yogurt dip recipe:
This dip comes together with just a few simple ingredients and a couple minutes of hand mixing (or seconds in a [amazon_textlink asin=’B000GIGZXM’ text=’Blendtec blender’ template=’ProductLink’ store=’chebecskit-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’b907ab99-470b-11e8-bc83-af726c1bf667′]).
When it comes to healthy snacks, I typically go for bite sized appetizers like low carb steak fajita sliders or something cheesy, like a bacon chipotle cheddar cheese ball. But lately, I’ve had a big craving for dips.
My low fat chocolate chip peanut butter dip is one of the most popular recipes on this site. But rather than making another sweet dip, I’m going savory this time. With Greek yogurt and cream cheese in my fridge, this dip was destined to be.
Get the creamy dill cucumber yogurt dip recipe on Brianne’s site, or you can see it here, at the bottom of this post.
This Caribbean Greek yogurt dip is another healthy recipe option. The black beans and mango pack it with fiber, protein, and vitamins.
Please enjoy this creamy dill cucumber yogurt dip recipe!
Creamy Dill Cucumber Yogurt Dip
- 8 ounces plain flavored Greek yogurt**
- 4 ounces cream cheese**, softened
- 1/2 cup mini or English cucumber, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1-2 teaspoons snipped fresh dill or 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Assorted fresh vegetables
- In a small bowl, combine yogurt and cream cheese. Stir in the cucumber, onion, dill, lemon juice, peel, garlic, salt and pepper. If you desire a thinner consistency dip, add more yogurt, ¼ cup at a time, stirring and tasting as you go.
- Transfer contents to a bowl and serve with fresh, raw vegetables or pita chips.