Chipotle bacon cheddar cheese ball is a party appetizer that’s perfect for game day snacking! Three kinds of cheese are combined and then rolled into crispy bacon pieces. SO yummi!
With the Superbowl just around the corner (and my beloved Green Bay Packers in a great position of contention this year), I’m sharing my chipotle bacon cheddar cheese ball recipe with you. Your party guests will go crazy for this appetizer recipe!
With just a few simple ingredients and only about 10 minutes to make, this cheese ball should be at the top of your party food list. Because I live in Wisconsin, also know as The Dairyland State, cheese is a must and a necessity for me to use in recipes. Bacon is a necessity because… well, it’s bacon!
If salty, crispy bits of pork fat are wrong, I don’t want to be right.
If you’re a vegetarian or you’d like to keep things a little bit healthier, feel free to swap out ingredients.
Use chives, nuts, or sunflower seeds on the outside instead of bacon, add some finely chopped baby spinach in with the cheese, or you can use all low fat cheeses if you want. The idea is to make this appetizer one that’ll disappear from the party platter faster than you can say touchdown!
If you’re looking for some game day food that’s a bit healthier than this cheddar cheese ball recipe, you should check out my recipes for Spicy Parmesan Kale Chips or Ranch Roasted Nuts Snack Mix. They’re both also quite yummi!
What do you say we dig in to this chipotle bacon cheddar cheese ball now?
Items You’ll Want (and Love!)
The items below have affiliate codes attached to them. I make a small profit from any sales, which helps to keep this website operational. Thank you for helping to support It’s Yummi!
Chipotle Bacon Cheddar Cheese Ball
3 kinds of cheese are blended with a chipotle pepper and spices, then wrapped in a blanket of crisp bacon pieces. This is a game day or party appetizer that the crowd will go crazy for!
- 8 ounces plain cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded Colby or Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobe sauce, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chili powder
- 1 cup cooked and crumbled bacon pieces (about 6 slices of bacon)
- Place cheeses in the bowl of a food processor. (If you don't have a food processor, use a high speed blender.) Process until cheeses are combined.
- Add all remaining ingredients except for bacon pieces and pulse to combine. Transfer mixture to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove plastic wrap and use clean hands to form cheese into a ball. Place bacon pieces on a plate and roll cheese ball in them before transferring to a serving platter.
- Serve with crackers, chips, or raw veggies.
Thank you so much for visiting me today!
If you make this recipe, I'd love it if you'd share a photo and/or give your feedback over on my Facebook page, Cooking with Chef Bec!
Want to make some more cheesy appetizers? Check these recipes out!