Easy slow cooker recipes like this cinnamon roll casserole are the perfect way to kick start your day or weekend brunch! Moist, tender cinnamon coffee cake is topped with a sweet vanilla bean cream cheese icing. That’s the kind of good morning you deserve, and honestly, it’s yummi!
One of the reasons I love this recipe is that it can be made in such a quick amount of time. I popped a batch into the slow cooker before we left for church and came home two hours later to the aroma of cinnamon and vanilla baking their way into an ooey, gooey cinnamon roll cake.
I whipped up Nielsen-Massey vanilla bean paste and some cream cheese for the icing. It’s such an easy recipe that even your little kids can get into the action.
Oh, and if you prefer to make your cinnamon roll dough from scratch instead of using the convenient refrigerated style rolls, by all means do so. Just use homemade unbaked cinnamon rolls in place of the prepared dough used in this recipe.
Enjoy this slow cooker cinnamon roll casserole!
Oh, and after you’ve checked out the recipe, be sure to Pin it onto a Pinterest board so that you’ve got it on standby for later use.
For even more vanilla inspiration, scroll down and check out the recipes created by some of my food blogging friends.
Easy Slow Cooker Cinnamon Roll Casserole
- 2 tubes (12 ounces each) cinnamon rolls each piece cut in half
- 4 eggs
- 4 ounces (1/2 liquid cup) heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 batch vanilla bean cream cheese icing (see recipe below)
For Vanilla Bean Cream Cheese Icing
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 ounces (1/4 cup) unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ½ tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- For Vanilla Bean Cream Cheese Icing
- Add cream cheese and butter to a large mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer (or stand mixer) until light and fluffy. Add remaining ingredients. Beat on high until mixture is light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- For Cinnamon Roll Casserole
- Spray a 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Place a layer of cinnamon roll pieces to cover the bottom of your slow cooker, squishing pieces together as needed to fill any gaps.
- Beat eggs, whipping cream, maple syrup, vanilla extract and spices until well blended.
- Pour mixture evenly over the rolls in the slow cooker.
- Place any remaining roll pieces on top and spoon one packet of icing evenly over rolls.
- Cover and cook on low for 2 to 3 hours or until sides are golden and rolls are set. Use a large spatula to carefully remove the cinnamon rolls from the slow cooker.
- Transfer rolls to a serving platter and use an offset spatula to spread remaining icing over top of rolls. Serve warm.