Whole wheat protein blender waffles are crazy fast to make, incredibly high in protein, and so yummi that my husband ate a triple batch without blinking!
For the November SRC recipe, I was assigned to make something from Jean’s blog. She’s the awesome lady behind Tasty Cheapskate. On my first glance at her recipe index, I found at least 12 recipes that I went crazy over. She blogs healthy recipes on a budget. Gee, does that sound like anyone else you know? *pointing finger at myself* I think I’m smitten with Jean.
In her post, Jean mentioned wanting to make them with whole wheat flour. So Jean, I made this protein blender waffles recipe with whole wheat flour, and the results are beyond amazing. These are some of the tastiest waffles that I’ve ever eaten.
Whole Wheat Protein Waffles Recipe Review
Although whole wheat flour is pretty dense, the waffles are still light and fluffy. I love that they’re packed with whole grains and lots of protein from the cottage cheese and eggs. Adding some ground cinnamon was the only change that I made. I love the aroma and taste of cinnamon, and besides, baking with cinnamon is a must in the fall.
I think it’s a law or something. If it’s not, it definitely should be.
How to Make Whole Wheat Waffles Batter in a Blender:
Kitchen Tools You’ll Need (and love!):
Whole Wheat Blender Waffles
Healthy whole wheat cinnamon waffles, with added protein from cottage cheese. The batter is prepped in a blender for quick convenience.
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 2/3 cup whole wheat flour*
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup milk
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Lightly grease plates of waffle maker. Preheat according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Place all ingredients into the bowl of a blender. Turn on high and blend until combined and smooth. Use a silicone spatula to scrape down sides if necessary, then blend again.
- Cook waffles in waffle iron according to manufacturer's instructions, until golden brown (about 3 minutes per waffle).