Cheesy chicken bacon egg white quiche is packed with healthy proteins and flavor! Oh, and did I mention bacon?! It’s yummi goodness for National Bacon Month, so come in to my virtual kitchen! I’ll share the recipe, then you can bake a pan of it for your next weekend brunch!
As we near the end of Bacon Month 2013, I’ve found myself wanting to add bacon to everything. I even ate crumbled bacon on top of peanut butter toast last week.
It was definitely tasty, but seriously not blog worthy. Seriously, don’t we all know how to place a slice of bread into a toaster slot and push down the lever? Then, take a knife and spread peanut butter onto the warm toast, and top it with precooked bacon pieces? #DoneDeal
Anyhoo, this recipe for cheesy chicken bacon egg white quiche is at least 5 steps long. Blog worthy, to be sure. Especially since it’s so yummi, I’ve got a strong feeling that you’ll want to print the recipe out and plaster it onto your refrigerator door. Wait. Maybe I’m the only person who does that. No matter, you really should get one of these baked up soon.
Isn’t it pretty? Did you know that crispy bacon has magical powers and pretties up just about everything it touches?
All deliciousness aside, I suppose this cheesy chicken bacon quiche is somewhat healthier than a regular quiche. This is because I used egg whites instead of whole eggs, leaving it full of protein, fluffy, and fat free. OK, the fat free part is a lie, because I used heavy cream and high fat cheese, so never mind.
Let’s just pretend that this quiche is healthy, and eat up before it gets cold, m’kay? If you’re feeling dangerous, serve it with some biscuits and honey. Use my recipe for homemade Bisquick and it’ll take you less than 15 minutes!
I hope you love this cheesy chicken bacon quiche recipe!
Cheesy Chicken Bacon Egg White Quiche
- 1 prepared deep dish pie crust, blind baked
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 whole large egg
- 3 ounces cooked chicken breast, diced (great use for rotisserie chicken!)
- 3 slices bacon, cooked crisply and crumbled
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, plus 2 Tablespoons
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, half and half, or whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground thyme
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Blind bake a scratch or store bought pie crust for 10 minutes. (This helps to prevent a soggy crust). Remove from oven and allow to cool while you prepare the filling.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg whites, whole egg, salt, pepper, thyme, and heavy cream until well combined.
- Layer cooked chicken, bacon, and 1/4 cup cheese in the bottom of pie crust. Pour filling over the top of ingredients. Sprinkle remaining 2 tablespoons cheese over top of filling.
- Bake at 375 for 35-45 minutes, or until filling is completely set. Remove from oven and serve warm, garnishing with extra cooked bacon pieces, if desired.
Here are more cheesy chicken bacon recipes for you to try: