Clams casino dip is a hot cheese dip that’s always a crowd favorite, especially for holiday entertaining. With lots of melted cheese, bacon, and clams, it will disappear in the blink of an eye!
This post has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #WaysToWow #CollectiveBias
If you go look at my dip recipe index, you’ll see that I’m a fan of dips, especially for holiday entertaining. With so many parties to attend, it’s nice to have a quick and easy recipe that I can make quickly to serve to guests. Because I’m in love with melted cheese, hot dips are my preference. And where there are hot dips, dippers like chips, crackers, and bread are sure to follow. Those are the rules in my carb-loving world, my friends.
That is where my clams casino dip recipe and some of my favorite flavors of Town House crackers come into the party picture.
Speaking of crackers, have you noticed how many different flavors are available in the grocery store? I’m dating myself, but when I was first living on my own, I remember the choices being buttery crackers or salty crackers. The cracker lover in me is happy now because there was entire aisle of cracker varieties available to choose from at Target!
I was really happy when I saw the whole wheat crackers. I knew I wanted to crush those and use them instead of bread crumbs for the top of my dip, but after I put them into my cart, a box of the flatbread appeared in my cart out of nowhere. Who was I to deny them? Two boxes of crackers are better than one, especially since it gave me more dipping options for my clams casino dip!
I’ve mentioned before that I’m not very good at channeling my inner Martha Stewart or Ina Garten when it comes to hosting parties, but that’s why I love easy dip recipes. Not much effort is required to put them together, and they’re always crowd favorites.
Note: I haven’t used canned clams in a while, so I forgot how salty they can be. When you make this recipe, be sure to rinse the clams before you start mixing everything together. Your blood pressure will thank you.
Don’t forget to have a lot of crackers and celery available to dunk into this clams casino dip!
Do you love hosting parties? Will you be hosting a big party for New Year’s Eve? Use the comment section below to share your party ideas with me!
Clams Casino Dip
Clams, bacon, and lots of cheese go into making this dip. It's topped off with crushed crackers baked up until it's hot and bubbly.
- 16 whole wheat Townhouse crackers, crushed into crumbs (2/3 cup crumbs)
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 12 ounces canned chopped clams, drained and rinsed
- 8 ounces bottled clam juice
- 1/3 cup cooked and crumbled bacon pieces (about 6 slices of bacon)
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice (juice of 1 medium lemon)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha (or hot sauce of your choice)
- 5 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground sweet paprika
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the clams, clam juice, bacon, lemon juice, garlic powder, pepper, hot sauce and 4 ounces of mozzarella cheese. (Reserve 2 Tablespoons for sprinkling on top of the dip before baking.)
- Transfer ingredients into a 9-inch deep dish pie plate or similar small casserole dish and use a spoon or spatula to spread evenly. Sprinkle bread crumb mixture over top of dip. Top dip with remaining mozzarella cheese and then sprinkle paprika over the top.
- Bake uncovered for 15-20 minutes or until hot, bubbly, and golden.
- Serve warm with crackers, chips, or raw veggies.
Thank you so much for visiting me today!
If you make this recipe, I'd love it if you'd share a photo and/or give your feedback over on my Facebook page, Cooking with Chef Bec!