Veggie stuffed meatloaf is the best meatloaf I’ve ever tasted! It’s a comfort food meal to serve for a hearty weeknight dinner or a special Sunday supper.
Today’s veggie stuffed meatloaf recipe. It’s loaded with everything, because you should over stuff meat loaf, or just not stuff it at all. 😉
We also love this dish as there is veggies secretly hiding into the center of this meatloaf. Also – it can be made low carb REALLY easily, more on that below.
This stuffed meatloaf is seriously the best meatloaf I’ve ever eaten; it is serious comfort food!
What in this easy stuffed meatloaf..
Ground pork and beef meatloaf mix stuffed with spinach, onions, and cheese, Yum. Then to make things even better we top with barbecue sauce, tomatoes, and more cheese! Serve it for a hearty weeknight dinner or a special Sunday supper. Either way, this stuffed meatloaf recipe is a delicious, family favorite meal!!
We absolutely have hit a home run in the kitchen with this veggie stuffed meatloaf recipe. It truly is the best meatloaf I’ve ever had!
Is this comfort food meal over-the-top? I don’t think so. One bite and I’m pretty confident you’ll agree that sometimes, going all the way is just plain yummi!
How to make this meatloaf low carb
There are a few REALLY simple swaps with this veggie stuffed meatloaf to make this low carb. You want to use a sugar-free barbecue sauce and then swap the breadcrumbs out for almond flour instead!
I’m calculating 4 Carbs per slice when splitting this recipe into the 8 servings are recommend in the recipe below
Almond flour is a fantastic breadcrumb swap and especially when it comes to being in meatloaf. You truly cannot tell the difference.
Well, besides your pocketbook. Almond flour is definitely expensive and best to buy in bulk. BUT if you are not trying to follow a low carb diet simple breadcrumbs work well.
If this veggie stuffed meatloaf recipe is too much indulgence for you to handle, try my recipe for slow cooker low carb meatloaf.
Here are some other “stuffed” recipes that I love:
Veggie Stuffed Meatloaf
- 1 pound ground beef, (or ground turkey)
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs, ( or almond flour)
- 1/3 cup barbecue sauce, + 1/4 cup more for topping (see notes above for low carb option)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/2 cup shredded provolone cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare a loaf pan by greasing with olive oil.
- In a large bowl add ground beef, ground pork, breadcrumbs, barbecue sauce, black pepper, salt, garlic powder and egg. Mix together until fully combined together.
- Split meatloaf mixture in half. Press one half of it in loaf pan. Layer spinach, provolone cheese, red onion and remaining of meatloaf mixture.
- Add more barbecue to top of meatloaf, cheddar cheese and diced tomato. Bake for 55-65 minutes.