Chocolate sour cream bundt cake is everything you dream of when you want a moist, decadent chocolate cake. With fresh whipped cream and strawberries on top, this is the perfect dessert!
Do you crave moist chocolate cake? Do you dream about it? I do! That’s why I’m bringing you this recipe for chocolate sour cream bundt cake!
Some recipes are so complex that they require detailed, step-by-step instructions, complete with a photo tutorial. In my experience, those types of recipes are almost always worth the extra time and/or effort required to complete them to perfection. Like my homemade puff pastry or my cream puffs and eclairs. But let’s be real… how many of us have time in our day (or DAYS) to master a recipe so gourmet and fancy that the title requires at least one word in Italian or French? Or if you DO have time to spare, do you really want to spend it hanging out waiting for your masterpiece to come to fruition?
I suppose that I’ll make that time once or twice a year, for fancy birthday dinners or special holidays. But there are days, like today, where all I wanted is a slice of decadent, moist chocolate cake, and I don’t want to wait days for it!
I often find myself browsing the recipes over at Leite’s Culinaria because they’re simply wonderful and tasty and never seem to disappoint. However, they aren’t notorious for quick recipes, and I definitely wanted a recipe for something quick and easy today because I was itching to use my new Pampered Chef silicone bundt pan.
This isn’t my first bundt pan, but I have to be honest and say that after one use, I’m proclaiming it to be my favorite. It created a beautiful cake and the clean-up was a complete dream. The cake simply glided from the pan, leaving nothing but a few sparse crumbs to clean up.
While over on the Leite’s website, I did a quick search for “Bundt” recipes and sure as Sunday, this one came floating across the screen like a lovely Cumulus cloud. Chocolate, sour cream for moistness, and wham bam… NO MIXER NEEDED! I was sold.
That dirty pan had to wait to be washed, though… I had some cake consumption duty awaiting me.
Chocolate Sour Cream Bundt Cake
Chocolate Sour Cream Bundt Cake
This rich chocolate sour cream Bundt cake is splashed with a little dose of coffee, and is truly a dreamy, decadent dessert that you will have a difficult time forgetting!
- 8 ounces (2 sticks) unsalted butter, plus more for the pan
- 1 ounce (1/3 cup) Dutch process cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 ounces (3/4 cup) water
- 2 ounces (1/4 cup) brewed coffee
- 9 ounces (2 cups) all-purpose flour, plus more for the pan
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Confectioner's sugar, for dusting (optional)
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F if using a dark nonstick or a silicone baking pan) Butter and flour a 10- or 12-cup bundt pan and set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the butter, cocoa powder, salt, water, and coffee. Cook, stirring, just until melted and combined. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Place the flour, sugar, and baking soda in a large bowl and whisk to blend. Add half of the melted butter mixture and whisk until completely blended (the mixture will be quite thick). Add the remaining butter mixture and whisk until combined. Add the eggs, one at a time, whisking until completely blended before adding the next egg. Whisk in the sour cream and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, about 40 to 45 minutes. Place pan onto a cooling rack and allow the cake to cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then invert onto a rack and allow cake to cool completely.
- Lightly dust cake with confectioner's sugar or garnish as desired.