This Edible Cookie dough is a delicious classic chocolate chip cookie dough you can eat without needing to bake it! We’ll show you how to make this sweet and satisfyingly edible cookie dough like your eating real cookie dough, minus the eggs! So you can safely eat it by the spoonful.
I’ve been debating what to share with you guys this week. We’ve been going into easy delicious slow cooker jambalaya dinners these past few weeks and then preparing for halloween with our Jack o Lantern stuffed peppers but there was something missing in our menu.
COOKIE DOUGH!!! Desserts really in particular. This edible cookie dough is something we’ve been making for years and I can’t wait for you to try it.
Confession moment: I am a huge fan of licking the cookie dough bowl clean. You can’t let that goodness go to waste! Now I know you aren’t supposed to consume raw eggs; I know this.
So we made a chocolate chip cookie dough you can make at home without eggs !! Hello favorite late night snack.
How to Make Edible Cookie Dough
All you need to be enjoying this cookie dough is 7 easy ingredients that are generally staples in most peoples kitchen. So you ready to devour this deliciousness?
Cream together butter, sugars, vanilla extract, salt. Fold in the flour and milk and then stir in the chocolate chips! It really is THAT EASY. Check out our recipe video below to see for yourself.
If you are following the Keto Diet this Keto Cookie Dough is a fantastic alternative from That’s Low Carb.
There are more concerns than just the raw eggs with raw cookie dough. There is also a link to risk with no heated flour. So here is how we combat that issue as well.
- Preheat oven to about 325 degrees F
- Take your measured out flour and lay it out on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Allow the flour to fully cool before using in the recipe.
TIP: if you place on top of parchment paper you can easily pick up the parchment paper at the end and pour into the bowl that way
This should kill off any lingering bacteria in the raw flour that could potentially make you sick.
How to enjoy this delicious eggless cookie dough
How to Make this Edible Cookie Dough for One
Now if you are by any chance not wanting to have an entire tub of cookie dough in your refrigerator you’ve got the option to cutting this recipe into half. It makes about 2 cups of dough with the original recipe but if you’d like to make enough for one sitting simply cut the recipe in half. So it would look something like this.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 Tablespoon milk + more to get creamy desired results
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Then simply follow the instructions in the recipe card below to put it all together!
Change up your cookie dough flavor to fit whatever combo you are craving
- Edible Sugar Cookie Dough – Omit the chocolate chips and add an additional 1/2 cup of sugar to the recipe.
- Birthday Edible Cookie Dough – Add some festive sprinkles to the mix for a birthday celebration. It makes me think of sprinkles on ice cream.. you can’t go wrong with it.
- S’more Cookie Dough – Add some marshmallows and graham crackers to the recipe and we are in business.
- Chocolate Mint Cookie Dough – Add 1/4 cup of cocoa powder, additional 2 Tablespoons of milk AND a couple drops of peppermint extract. I actually still remember years ago I bought a tub Double Chocolate Mint Cookie Dough from a neighbor as part of a fundraiser.. I didn’t ever bake a single cookie. Ate the entire tub.
This way it’s cheaper AND more safe to eat. Seriously ABSOLUTELY A WIN. 😉
Other cookie recipes recipes you might like:
Edible Cookie Dough
- 1/2 cup butter, , softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup milk, + more to get creamy desired results
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl cream together butter, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract.
- Add in flour and sea salt. Using a hand mixer beat flour into butter mixture until well combined.
- Add milk and stir until cookie dough is well combined. If dough is a bit crumbly simple add a extra dash or two of milk to reach desired consistency.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spoon out into 1 Tablespoons ball to enjoy for a quick treat OR simply enjoy by the spoonful straight out of the bowl.
- Best if stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.