Instant Pot BBQ chicken is an easy pressure cooker chicken recipe, made in 15 minutes in an Instant Pot or other brand of electric pressure cooker! You can enjoy the pulled chicken as is, or add it to your favorite soup or casserole recipe. Or, do what I did; make sliders with the Instant Pot BBQ chicken and top them with crispy, creamy coleslaw. They make awesome game day sandwiches!
Instant Pot BBQ Chicken Sliders
This is a quick and easy pressure cooker chicken recipe, and it is so delicious! The chicken is tender, juicy, and full of flavor. To make the BBQ chicken sliders, simply add barbecue sauce to the Instant Pot pulled chicken, toss it onto slider buns, then top the chicken with crunchy coleslaw. You can make your own coleslaw if you have a favorite recipe, or take a shortcut like I did, adding homemade coleslaw dressing to a premade coleslaw mix. You can find it in the produce section of most grocery stores.
Instant Pot BBQ chicken sliders are perfect for lunch, picnics, or chowing down on game day!
Just look at this juicy pulled BBQ chicken. The sight of it alone makes my mouth water. I have a semi-homemade barbecue sauce recipe that I like to use, but you can use bottled sauce, or check out my slow cooker pulled chicken recipe to learn how to make barbecue sauce from scratch..
As I said, it’s perfect for making sliders. But if you’re trying to cut down on carbs or you’re just not into bread, there are lots of other options for the BBQ chicken. Top a baked potato with it, add it to a salad, or make tacos or enchiladas with it. Heck, you can even add it to a soup recipe, or leave out the barbecue sauce and use the pulled chicken to make a pot pie.
Big Changes to It’s Yummi in 2018
This is my first post of 2018 and for a number of reasons, I am very excited about it!
Site Redesign and Purpose
If you have been a reader of this blog for a while, you may notice that the site has a fresh new look. Thanks to the team at J. Louis Technology, my logo and the site have a gorgeous new design. There’s a new section of blog posts coming soon, too, called bites of life. Those posts will discuss topics that are important to me, and hopefully helpful for you! Topics will include things like emotional wellness, home living, and since we now have three fur-babies in our house, there will likely be posts about pets, too.
But this site has always been and will always be primarily about delicious, easy to make recipes, like today’s Instant Pot recipe for BBQ chicken. Because food is my love language.
I’m also excited because I recently purchased a full frame, DSLR camera! I’m still learning how to use it, so these photos aren’t the best. But eventually, it will help me give you gorgeous food photos to look at!
Monthly Themed Recipes
Oh, there’s one more reason I’m excited about today’s post. I’m part of a community of bloggers who love and support one another. Although I’ve only met a few of my fellow bloggers in person, I consider them all friends. A few of us formed a monthly recipe group so that we can bring you a bunch of new recipes, all at one time! We’ll be posting our recipes on the first day of every month. Our theme for this month is game day sliders, which is why I’m sharing this easy Instant Pot BBQ Chicken sliders recipe with you.
Here are the other game day sliders recipes being shared this month. Be sure to bookmark or Pin a few of your favorites to make on game day!
Amy made Chicken Parmesan Sliders
Barb made Southwest Chipotle Burger Sliders
Instant Pot BBQ Chicken Sliders (scroll down to get my BBQ chicken sliders recipe)
Becky made Jalapeño Popper Turkey Burger Sliders
Carrie made Asian Chili & Garlic Pork Sliders
Deb made Buffalo Chicken Sliders
Emily made Club Sandwich Sliders
Gina made Easy French Dip Sliders
Jenni made Monte Cristo Sliders
Julie made Hawaiian Pizza Sliders
Kat made Philly Cheesesteak Sliders
Kate made Slow Cooker Honey Chipotle Chicken Sliders
Rebecca made Pizza Sliders
Wendy made Baked Hot Pastrami Sliders
If you have any questions about making the Instant Pot BBQ Chicken recipe, don’t hesitate to ask. Just leave a comment for me below!
Instant Pot BBQ Chicken Sliders Recipe
Instant Pot BBQ Chicken Sliders
Shredded pulled chicken, made in an electric pressure cooker (Instant Pot) is tossed with barbecue sauce and crispy coleslaw and served on slider buns.
For the BBQ Chicken
- 4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, fresh or frozen
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1/2 cups barbecue sauce*
For the Coleslaw
- 3 cups coleslaw mix
- 1 cup mayonnaise (I use olive oil mayo)
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
12 slider buns
- Add the chicken and seasonings, but not the barbecue sauce, to the electric pressure cooker
- Lock the lid into place, close the pressure valve, and manually set to cook on high pressure for 15 minutes if chicken is thawed or 20 minutes if chicken is frozen.
- Once the cooking time is complete, carefully turn the pressure valve to "venting" and do a quick pressure release. Be sure to turn the vent away from your body to avoid burns.
- Use tongs to remove chicken from the pot and transfer to a cutting board. Use two forks to shred the chicken, then return chicken to the pot.
- Change setting on your cooker to "simmer" or "saute" and add barbecue sauce. Stir until warm, or allow chicken to simmer for 5 minutes in the sauce for the best flavor.
- Place coleslaw vegetables into a serving bowl and set aside.
- In a small bowl, use a whisk to combine mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, Dijon mustard, celery salt, and black pepper. Taste and if desired, season with kosher salt and additional black pepper.
- Toss coleslaw vegetables with the dressing and use immediately, or store covered in a refrigerator for up to 5 days.
*You can use your favorite bottled barbecue sauce, make homemade sauce, or use my semi homemade barbecue sauce recipe.
Thank you so much for visiting me today!
If you make this recipe, I'd love it if you'd share a photo and/or give your feedback over on my Facebook page, Cooking with Chef Bec!